Special Edition - Official AFL Michael Long Sherrin Football in Limited Edition BoxRegular price $129.95
Official AFL Michael Long Sherrin Football in Limited Edition Box
- Official Sherrin Australian Rules Football.
- Official AFL / Essendon Football Club Licensed Product.
- Size 5 (Limited Edition Game Ball Size).
- PVC Material.
- Recreational quality is suitable for grass surfaces only.
- Limited edition collectors box available for purchase.
- Authentic Indigenous Australian artwork by Western Arrernte Dessert artist Merryn Apma Daley.
- Michael Long mural artwork by Australian Non-Indigenous street artist Kevin Gold from Melbourne, Victoria.
- They were designed by Kangaroo Jack in collaboration with the AFL, Sherrin, Essendon Football Club, and The Long Walk.
- Proceeds support The Long Walk's 'Walk The Talk' program for Australian primary and secondary students, introducing Indigenous culture and history in schools across Australia.
Available for a Limited Time Only
Please note stock is limited. Once the stock is sold out, backorders will be available for a limited time only, so get in quick to secure your order! Backorders will be fulfilled 12-14 weeks from the date of purchase.
Kangaroo Jack has proudly teamed up with The Long Walk Foundation in collaboration with the Australian Football League (AFL) and Essendon Football Club to create an Official AFL licensed Sherrin Football celebrating the career of AFL / Essendon Football Club champion Michael Long and the 150 year anniversary of the Essendon Football Club. The football design features authentic Indigenous Australian artwork by Western Arrernte Dessert Artist Merryn Apma Daley from Alice Springs, Northern Territory and portrait artwork of Michael Long made up of his VFL/AFL career highlights by Australian Non-Indigenous artist Kevin Gold from Melbourne, Victoria. Proceeds from sales of the football support the Long Walk's 'Walk The Talk' program for Australian primary and secondary students, introducing Indigenous culture and history in schools across Australia.
Indigenous Australian Artwork
Artist: Merryn Apma Daley from the Western Arrernte People.
Region: Alice Springs, Northern Territory.
The artwork design depicts rows of white dots that represent the in-roads that Micheal Long has made during his VFL/AFL football career and through the Long Walk Foundation for Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander people, both men and women outside of the game. The famous number 13 is a representation of Michael Long's playing number worn on his guernsey and his achievements on the field during his career at the Essendon Football Club. The circle represents unity with the community coming together in one place as one people.
"I first met Kangaroo Jack owner David Zaffina during the Covid-19 Pandemic in 2020. David's small business Kangaroo Jack was producing face masks featuring Indigenous artwork that supported the local community in Geelong, Victoria.
I was extremely moved by the generosity of Kangaroo Jack in supporting Aboriginal initiatives and donating proceeds to educational programs and support networks for Indigenous youth in Victoria.
We just clicked, my artwork resonated with Kangaroo Jack and I was extremely impressed by the passion and support towards helping our people, as well as creating pathways, partnerships, and practicing reconciliation.
Our collaboration is an example of what can be achieved by our understanding and acceptance of who we are and working together as one people,” Merryn Apma Daley.